Sadie R. Etemad is the founder and managing lawyer of S.E.T Law Barristers & Solicitors. Her practice focuses on Family, Wills & Estates and Immigration Law.
Prior to her legal career, Sadie acted as a Policy Advisor to the Government of Ontario. She also worked closely with a Toronto based immigration consulting firm, CIS Consultants Inc., and advised clients on a variety of immigration matters.
Sadie articled at a large Western Canada full-service law firm, MLT Aikins LLP, and later on practiced as an In-house Counsel to an international business-consulting firm, Merging Inc.
Sadie is fluent in Farsi and she is well versed with the Iranian family and estates law.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Domestic Contracts including, Cohabitation Agreements, Marriage Contracts and Separation Agreements
- Division of Property
- Child Custody and Access
Wills & Estates
- Drafting Wills, Powers of Attorney, trusts and estate administration
- Estate Litigation including, Will Challenges, Dependent Support Claims, Guardianship Applications and Powers of Attorney Litigation
- Visitor and Student Visas
- Work Permits
- All categories of Immigration Applications including, Sponsorship Applications
- Permanent Residence Appeals
- Citizenship Appeals
Honours Bachelor of Arts, York University
MSc. Public Policy and Administration, London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
Juris Doctor (J.D.), University of Saskatchewan
Law Society of Upper Canada
Canadian Bar Association
Ontario Bar Association
Toronto Lawyers Association
Iranian Canadian Legal Professionals (ICLP), Board Member
Sadie is a dedicated, compassionate and personable lawyer, who works hard to obtain the best possible results for her clients.
Sadie is passionate about helping families in different stages of their lives, especially in times of crisis and transition. She brings a personal touch to her practice of the law and provides clients' with personalized, high quality and cost effective representation.
Sadie focuses on both short and long-term solutions. Her goal is to reduce risks, settle matters and ensure her clients with future protection as well as long term happiness.