Craig is a Senior Manager with BDO Canada’s Financial Advisory Services, specifically the Valuation and Litigation Support team, and is an experienced Chartered Business Valuator with years of experience relating to the financial aspects of family law matters.
Craig’s experience is complemented by BDO Canada’s Financial Advisory Services group, which consists of chartered business valuators, investigative and forensic accountants, certified fraud examiners and corporate finance professionals.
- With a practice which includes family law matters, Craig’s services include:
Valuations of businesses and other financial assets for inclusion in the statement of net family property
- Income determinations for support purposes
- Contingent tax calculations and analyses
- Assistance with settlement solutions, mediation and arbitration
- Consulting in property settlement negotiation including tax implications
- Assistance in Discoveries and in preparing a line of questioning for cross examination of an opposing expert
- Opposing experts’ report critique
- Chartered Accountant (CPA, CA)
- Chartered Business Valuator (CBV)
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF)
Understanding the financial and emotional stress a matrimonial matter introduces, Craig focuses on a straight forward, pragmatic approach to assist moving the matter forward as timely and cost effective as possible.
Often, tax implications of an equalization payment and how to best minimize tax are not sufficiently considered in the settlement process. As part of BDO Canada, Craig is able to include dedicated tax professionals to assist in finding an appropriate solution to mitigate taxes, allowing for the preservation of funds.
Craig provides expert business and accountancy advice. He has a superb reputation for personal service and achieving clients' goal and objectives.