I have been divorced for 3 years and I couldn’t be happier. Yes it was difficult. Yes it was awful. But now, well now it is great. Here are my top 7 reasons:
- The remote control is mine – all mine! – Yes you read that correctly. I watch what I want when I want. Can’t sleep and wake up at 3am? TV goes on. Cooking channel, The Bachelor, Sappy Movies? My choices are endless. Football, Soccer, Basketball, Baseball no more. I am the ruler of the remote and couldn’t be happier.
- No more interrupted sleep – No Snoring! – The days of sleeping beside a lawn mower are over. I no longer wake up in the middle of the night ready for combat. No pushing, no yelling, no trying to wake up a large bear. I wake up refreshed and have never looked better!
- Dinners are easy! – Soup and salad is considered a full meal and not just an appetizer. Eggs can be served for dinner with no complaints from the peanut gallery.
- Shaving is optional. – My legs go from being smooth as butter in the summer to a protective wool coat in the winter. I shave when I want to and where I want to.
- Girls night out is now girls night in with full sleepovers! – My girlfriends come over and we order pizza and drink wine and if any of them want to sleep over they do. It’s so much fun.
- Having every other weekend free is like winning the kid lottery! – You love your children but having a guilt free weekend every other week is utopia. You get time to do what you want when you want and recharge your batteries so I can be a great mom when the kids return.
- Dating and Relationships! — Really hard to navigate and contemplate within the first year, but eventually its like getting back on a bicycle after you fall off. I have met many different people over the years — some interesting, some not. But all in all its an adventure and really nice to spend time with people who are interested in hearing what you have to say, interested in making an effort to wine and dine you and interested in taking their time to have passionate and exciting sex without the tv or internet porn playing in the background.
(Anonymous because sometimes I still like to play the “sad” card)
Leave a Reply